Terms & Conditions
The Card Network
eftpos Prepaid Gift Card Conditions of Use (Terms & Conditions)
Card means Gift Card issued by THE CARD NETWORK
Card Number means the number that appears on the back of your Card.
PIN means the 4-digit Access PIN printed on the back of your Card.
This Card is issued by Vii Pty Ltd ABN 83 619 963 263(‘we/us/our’). In these conditions ‘you’ are the Card purchaser or user. Vii Pty Limited (“Vii”) is the issuer of the Card and authorises The Card Network (“TCN”) Pty Ltd ABN 87 626 501 568 to distribute the Card.
- Using the Card, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. You must give these conditions to the user of the Card if that is not you. The Card remains our property.
- This Card is an eftpos prepaid gift card that can be used for electronic transactions, to purchase goods and services at participating retailers listed on The Choice Card website. The Card will be activated upon purchase at point of sale. Please allow up to 24hrs from time of purchase for funds to be loaded onto the Card. The card is valid from the date of activation. Based on variations of applicable state laws, the expiry period for your card may vary. The relevant expiry period is printed on the back of your card and you can also check the remaining period of use and the card balance at www.choicecard.gift. It is your responsibility to record the date of purchase of the Card.
- Each participating retailer will accept the Card in accordance with these Terms & Conditions and any applicable law and subject always to the individual trading terms of each participating retailer.
- We are not liable for the goods or services you purchase with our Card. Any purchase made with a participating retailer constitutes a transaction between you as the holder of the Card and the relevant retailer. You acknowledge and agree that we are not a party to that transaction, and is not in any way responsible or liable in relation to that transaction. Any dispute about goods or services purchased with a Card must be resolved with the retailer. If you think there has been an incorrectly processed transaction on your Card please contact the retailer where the transaction took place. We are unable to reverse transactions approved or processed by any retailer.
- The Card cannot be used to make transactions that exceed the available balance. For such a transaction you need to pay the difference by another method if the merchant agrees.
- This Card is not reloadable. To check the card balance, card expiry and full conditions of use, go to www.choicecard.gift. For balance enquiries, you will be required to enter both the Card Number and Access PIN on your Card prior to getting access to the card information.
- The card cannot be used after expiry. At expiry, the remaining available balance will be forfeited. We will not give you any notice before this happens. The Card cannot be used to obtain or redeem cash and cannot be used for making direct debit, recurring, or regular instalment payments. Authorisations may be declined at some merchants (such as gambling merchants or merchants who choose not to accept prepaid cards). We are not liable in any way when an authorisation is declined for any particular transaction except where the authorisation has been declined because of an act or omission on our part.
- You acknowledge that we may allow access to the services offered on this site to anyone who enters a valid Card number and 4-digit PIN. Your PIN is simply our way of identifying you. It does not offer you any protection or security if your Card is lost, stolen or damaged. Remember to treat your Card like cash. You are solely responsible for any loss caused by use of your Card and PIN by you or any other person, including any use not approved or contemplated by you Your Card will not be replaced if misused, lost, stolen or damaged. If you notice any error or suspect any unauthorised use relating to the Card, you should notify THE CARD NETWORK immediately on 1300 375 346 during business hours or alternatively you can send an email to email@example.com
- If you have a problem with a purchase made with the Card, or a dispute with a merchant, you must deal directly with the merchant involved. If you cannot resolve the dispute with the merchant, you can contact THE CARD NETWORK on 1300 375 346 during business hours or alternatively you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any refunds on Card transactions are subject to the policy of the specific merchant. If the Card expires or is revoked before you have spent any funds resulting from a refund (whether or not the original transaction being refunded was made using the Card) then you will have no access to those funds.
- The Cards are available for purchase from specific authorised retailers listed on THE CARD NETWORK website. We cannot guarantee the validity of any Card purchased from any other retailer including any auction website or discount website who is not listed as one of our certified retailers. Any Card not purchased from a certified retailer may be fake or counterfeit or associated with fraudulent activity. We will not be liable to you or any other person for any loss arising from any purchase of our Cards from a retailer who is not listed as a certified seller.
- We may restrict or stop the use of the Card if suspicious activities are noticed.
- If you wish to make a complaint about your Card you can send an email to email@example.com
- At any time we may add or remove participating retailers and/or where the Card may be redeemed and/or add or remove goods or services which may be purchased with the Card.
- We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes to the Terms and Conditions can be viewed at www.choicecard.gift
- These Terms are to be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of NSW, Australia. Any dispute arising from your receipt or use of a Card is exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of NSW, Australia.
Chance To Win $1k Gift Card Terms & Conditions
TCN GROUP PTY LTD ABN 87 626 501 568, SUITE 11.01 LEVEL 11, 60 CASTLEREAGH STREET, SYDNEY, NSW 2000, Australia. Phone: 1300 375 346
The promotional period will commence at 9:30am AEDT on 19 December 2022 and end at 11:59pm AEDT on 31 December –2022 (Promotional Period).
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years and over. To enter the Promotion, the entrant must purchase a TheFork gift card during the Promotional Period.
Entries will be automatically recorded and entered into this promotion and will be considered a valid entry. Multiple entries will be accepted.
Prizes: There is one (1) prize, being a $1,000 in eftpos TheFork Gift Cards for the winner (Prize).
How Winners are Determined
The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. At 1:00pm on Friday 13th January 2023, each valid entry will be entered into a process of random selection. One (1) winning entry will be selected by random draw (Winner).
The random draw will take place at 250 – 254 Swan Street, Richmond 3141, Victoria, Australia.
Claiming the Prize
The winner will be contacted in writing via email and SMS on the day of the draw. The winner will also be published at www.thefork.gift on 16/01/23. Prize must be claimed by 01/02/2023 at 5:00 pm AEDT. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 03/02/2023 at 9:00 am AEDT. The winner of the redraw will be notified in writing via email and SMS on the day of the redraw. The winner will be notified. If there are no prize winner/s or winner/s for this Promotion cannot be found, this information will be published at www.thefork.gift.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner.
- If the winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.